Carb Coding Overview
Carb Coding strategically periodises your carbohydrate and energy needs to the unique demands of your workouts, lifestyle and goals. By tailoring your fuel to the strains and stresses of your day, you can train smarter, push harder and recover faster.
Carb Code recommendations take into consideration the following:
- Type, intensity and duration of your workouts over a 72hr period (yesterday, today, tomorrow)
- Importance of each workout (competition, key performance, or standard workout)
- Goal (Lose, Maintain, Gain).
- Individual biometrics and lifestyle patterns.
Carb Code recommendations are displayed using a green, amber and red traffic light system described below:
High Carb: Green
- High carb meals are predominantly carbohydrate based and contain moderate amounts of protein and vegetables.
- Best for periods of higher energy requirements.
- Ideal to help fuel for, and recover from, big workouts.
Medium Carb: Amber
- Medium carb meals are traditionally balanced meals.
- Best for periods of moderate energy requirements.
- Can aid fuelling and recovery for a range of exercise and activity levels.
Low Carb: Red
- Low carb meals are predominantly protein and vegetable based.
- Best for periods of lower energy requirements.
- Can support improvements in body composition and weight management.
Each individual Carb Code also contains the following additional information:
- Calorie range specifying the suggested energy target for that meal/snack.
- Carb Code range specifying the suggested carbohydrate target for that meal/snack.