Building Better Behaviours In 2023
Building behaviours and transforming those behaviours into new habits can be a tricky process for anyone. The reason why is simple, change is an uncomfortable process! No matter who we are, change always brings certain challenges with it.
So with this in mind the team at Hexis have created a short list of science backed tips from behavioural psychology to help you build the habits you want in 2023.
1. Start small: Choose a small, specific action to perform consistently in the same place and at the same time each day. This makes it easier to remember and helps you build momentum. For example, adding your planned workout to Hexis.
2. Make it easy: Choose an action that is easy to perform, so you can consistently do it without much effort. In fact, a good rule of thumb is to pick something that you can do on your worst day of the week! For example, checking your Carb Codes is an example, it's very little effort to open an app and within seconds you can understand how to fuel your day. If you want something a bit harder you might choose to track some of your meals in Hexis.
3. Celebrate success: After you complete the small daily action, take a moment to celebrate your success. This helps reinforce the positive feelings associated with the new habit. Some people like to dance, some smile and others high five but no matter how small make sure to give yourself some praise.
4. Use a trigger: Choose a specific trigger, such as a specific time of day or a specific activity, to remind you to perform the new habit. For example, if you want to ensure you know how to fuel for each day, adding your planned workout and checking Hexis in the morning before breakfast makes sense. Now everyday within 10 minutes of waking you know how to fuel your body for what lies ahead.
5. Keep track: Keep track of your progress. This helps you stay motivated and see how far you've come. For example, you may have chosen to track your breakfasts for the week and seen that you’ve nailed all your Carb Codes!
6. Be patient: Building a new habit takes time and effort, so be patient and don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away. Keep at it and you'll start to see progress over time.
Start building better behaviours in 2023 and fuel your goals with Hexis. Join today